Tuesday 14 January 2014

Trying to Move on......

Having sold some pieces of work before Christmas I was feeling quite elated, but then had to start asking myself where next. The temptation is just to repeat the pictures I have sold - but what is the point of that! I had to remind myself of something I have often said to students: 'repetition is not development'
So I have taken my own advice and gone back to my sketchbook
 
 
 
The idea is still the same but I am using different photographs, the bottom one is a photograph taken on holiday in France and I really like the composition.
I have also been trying out some sections of these using felting but it is proving to be a bit of a challenge so more of that later!
 
 
I have also been working on some more of the Scottish landscape ideas, trying to incorporate more texture using tissue paper and torn fabric. All very much work in progress at the moment but I do feel that I am starting to move forward - slowly!

No comments:

Post a Comment